Saturday, April 30, 2011

My Favorite Cartridge -French Manor-

My favorite cartridge (for now anyways) is French Manor. Since I was not a circle member I had to find one online and I am so glad I did! I just love all the images. My first project I made was a card. I am not sure who is getting it yet as I love how it came out and I want to cherish it forever. To make my card, I added a stamped image from The Greeting Farm and put the Eiffel Tower on it to give it a more romantic look. To start I used the TH ink pads to give the white card some color, I then cut out the red piece to be the base for my stamped image. I colored her in with my copics but then decided to give her more dimension by adding stickles to her dress & shoes and added glossy accents on her stole. I finished her off with pearl earrings. I then took the Eiffel Tower that I sprayed with the glitter mist and put it on the card and added the red jewels to give it a little bling. Did I mention I love bling? I used a corner rounder and then I was done. I left the inside blank since I don’t know who I am giving it to yet, if I give it away.


Materials Used:
Recollections White Card Base
Red Recollections Cardstock cut with Spellbinders Label 16 die
Greeting Farm Cheeky Glamour
Copics
Eiffel Tower cut at 3 ½  inches
Stick on Jewels/Pearls
Memories Mist in Sparkle Silver
Xmas Red Stickles
Glossy Accents
Tim Holtz Distressing Ink Pads in Worn Lipstick & Aged Mahogany


For the next project I was not sure what to make. And since my DD needed something for her room, I figured I would make her a wall hanger for her oh so purple room. I had to be creative because of course my cricut blade decided to go dull on me while cutting out the dress form for this. I found the black foam board in my craft room that someone left as scrap and I saved for the right moment. Well I found the perfect use for it. So I cut the dress form out and added the MS glitter to the bottom of the dress form. I made the flower by wetting the paper and crumpling it up and then when it dried I added glitter to the edges. I wanted the dress form to have some dimension, so I stuck a piece of Styrofoam between the two layers so that the top layer looks round. I then added the ribbon and flower to the waist. Punched the holes on top and hung it from twine that I just bought. I hope my DD likes it, if not it is so going in my closet.

Materials Used:
Dress form cut on purple recollections cardstock at 11 ½ inches
Dress form layer cut on white recollections cardstock at 11 ½ inches
3 flower shapes cut on purple recollection cardstock at 1 ½ inches
Scrap Black foam board
Scrap purple ribbon
Amethyst Martha Stewart glitter
Lilac and white Twine
Memories Mist in Sparkle Silver
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Sand
Piece of Styrofoam to give dimension.  



60 comments:

  1. LOVE your card!!! You did a GREAT job!
    TFS! Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you've done! I have hardly used FM but I love it. Thanks for the inspiration.

    heather.dumond@maine.edu

    ReplyDelete
  3. How marvelous, will have to talk about the "cheeky stamps" great work!!!

    catagal@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute card and great colors. Love the blog hop and all of the new blogs I'm coming across! Thanks for sharing!

    thedhillonz@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful projects Justina!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Justina, this came out outstanding,I love the little girl

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love both of your projects and I love bling too! I'm glad you started a blog. I will be following you!

    amanbains1 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love them. I so want some copics. :)

    http://craftsbyamanda.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that dress form!! If she doesn't like it, you can send it to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful projects. I love the colors. I'm a new follower. Can't wait to see your other projects.

    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very very nice. You have put much effort into your work. Great job...

    magaly

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are so awesome! I love the background technique of the first card! I'm a new follower :)

    http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your projects. My favorite is the door hanger. Good luck on your followers. I'm slowly getting there too! Stop by if you'd like.
    Esigmon at cox dot net

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful projects!! I think it might be time for me to open that cart…

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome job Justina:>) I love the background stamping you did on the red card. Great idea to use the foam board on the dress form.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this cart too, but am not a circle member. cjdempsey9 at msn dot com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great job on both projects! I love the touch of purple on the dress form, very pretty! TFS! I'm a new follower! Please stop by anytime &
    hopefully become a follower too! ;)

    lovelyinspiredcreations.blogspot.com
    majelica@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  18. These cards are adorable. I can't wait to get this cart. TFS!
    Jen H
    http://theholtonshome.blogspot.com/
    jholton0503@yahoodotcom

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great job! I love the purple on the dress form, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  20. you're half way there. you got 50 followers...whoo hoo.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great job on both cards!! I'm a new follower...come visit when you can:o)
    Cara
    www.CarasScrapNStampArt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have quickly become friends with these wonderful women who are a part of my hop. I am new to this, but I hope this gives some inspiration to beginners in Cricut-ing AND Blogging. My facebook page has gone crazy and I am so honored by these Ladies being a part of what I am doing for the Cricut Community. Thank you all for your support and wonderful creations.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Amazing Post, I love what you have done with the french manor cart!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great job. Thanks for sharing. One day I'm going to take time to learn how to use those markers :)
    dea@mcfarland1.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great projects- love the dress form - don't have that cart myself :(

    Deanne G
    dgutierez1@msn.com
    http://deannescraftingadventures.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the dimension on the dress form.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love your work, I've got some ideas.
    Thank You, Mary
    mcdolese@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love this cartridge too and going to use it to scrapbook pages from my Hearst Castle tour. I bought my cartridge from my friend. Great projects and awesome blog.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great card and wall hanger. I love the pink for your card. The wall hanging is super cute...love the purple!

    Good luck on reaching 100 followers!
    Tracy
    jtg0398 at sbcglobal dot net

    ReplyDelete
  30. I absolutely <3 <3 <3 the dress form! It is very art-deco! I want to make one myself!
    I've seen the Tattered Angels paints before(even got an idea for another of my crafts from their page) but have never used them, how did you like the mist? Does it cover well?

    Michelle H.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Cute projects Justina! I really liked the card, I love the Eiffel Tower. Thanks for sharing! I'm a new follower and would love to have you stop over by my blog also.

    Thanks much!
    Susan
    http://cricutandgrasshopper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. I also love Copic's great Idea to mix them both.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I am a new follower. I love the dimesnsion in your dress form
    katieoscreations@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. I'm a new follower great project!
    Hugs, Lisa
    cardcraz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. Great projects Justina! It looks like French Manor is another must have cartride - if I can find one :)

    rebeccadunham at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  36. Justina, I love the way you colored the hair on the Greetings Frm stamp, very nicely done!! I also love the dress form. It is so neat and trimmed!!

    myroni2us at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  37. Wow sis, nice stuff. :) I had no idea. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Adorable!!!! Love the wall hanger!!! I'm sure DD did too! :D You guys are going to have to share how you make those markers look like watercolored paintings......the card looks FABULOUS!!!

    autumnwillis925 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love how you colored and decorated the stamped image. It is lovely. And your daughter should love what you made for her. I need to try to make a flower the way you did, it turned out great. TFS. You now have a new follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  40. love your work!

    sweetlilscrapper.blogspot.com
    sweetlilscrapper at hotmail dot ca

    ReplyDelete
  41. Love it! The colors are very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  42. What a lovely wall hanging! Thanks for sharing!

    dmcarlisle09atgmaildotcom

    ReplyDelete
  43. NEw follower! Great job on both projects!! Love the dress form wall hanging! Thanks for sharing
    gayle_shrader at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  44. I am a New Follower-I hope you hit your goal. This is a great Hop idea. I hope you will stop by the Disney Blog Hop on my site. I love your projects. TFS
    Cathie
    www.creativecutter.org
    Rcathierigby@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  45. I'm a new follower and I haven't seen much before with French Manor so I love seeing your work.
    Pam
    JPALM3746@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  46. I'm #78 :) Great Projects! TFS

    Tiffany
    tiffanymarierice@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  47. Both are so cute! Totally need to get my cartridge back from my friend!

    Darlene
    desaucier at bellsouth dot net

    ReplyDelete
  48. Both your cards are cute! TFS! I am a new follower...#81! Yay! Almost to 100!
    sweetheartcopper at msn dot com

    ReplyDelete
  49. Nicely done!!

    cjtj1999 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  50. Great Job!!! Oh and Mayra sent me :)

    ReplyDelete
  51. great Job ... Yea Amanda Mayra send me tooooo!! we must like mayra!!

    ReplyDelete
  52. hey, don't forget I tweeted a referral to your blog last night ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment, I love to inspire others and meet new crafty friends too! If you have any questions please feel free to let me know! I read every single comment and appreciate each one! Have a great day! XOXO Justina <3