Sunday, July 17, 2011

My IMAGINE-ation Monday

Happy Monday everyone!!! I hope everyone had a great weekend and has a great week. When I worked I always seemed to feel ill every Monday morning....I think it was just the dread of knowing I had to go to work and make some money. Now I forget what day it is half of the time especially now that it is summer time and the kids are out of school. 
So for my Imagine-ation Monday I decided to make an altered journal. I love journals to write down random thoughts, my feelings at the moment or to let my boyfriend use when he's on the phone talking business (he can't talk without writing stuff down). 
To do this I got a composition book, a zig 2-way glue stick and some paper that I printed from my Imagine. I used the Country Carnival cartridge to print two sheets of the old newsprint one and one sheet of the yellow & red rose paper. The Imagine prints so beautifully, I absolutely love it. Once everything is printed I trace the cover and backside of the journal on the white side of the sheets and trim accordingly and I cut the yellow and red paper to a six inch width so I'd have a 3 inch strip on front and back. This is mostly to cover the spine of the book, so any width is OK. I also printed a few of the embellishments from the same cartridge like the bird and the butterfly but I forgot to write down the sizes, Sorry!! I glued the front and back cover sheets on first and then the spine cover and trimmed all the edges for any overlapping. I added the bird and butterfly to the front of the book. I also used Tim Holtz's distressing ink in Tea Dye to add some color to the front and back to give it an allover aged look. 
The 3 sheets of 12 x 12 paper I printed from my Imagine


The composition book


The Front Cover 
The Back Cover


Again the end. =)
It is a quick and easy project that will be used for as long as there are blank pages in this book. I also save the extra scraps to use on another project some day. I hope you like my project and that it inspires you to make your own. If you have any questions please feel free to leave a comment here or catch me on Facebook at Justina's Crafts!! Until next time!! XOXO J

14 comments:

  1. Justina, you did an amazing job on this.I love this really makes me want an I even more. TFS you Rock

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good grief girl! I never 'imagined' that one could create papers such as these on that machine! I am impress! You did an AWESOME job printing and putting together that cute notbook. I love, love, love the paper! Glad you are having a good time....:O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing Justina. Wow! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! THIS IS STUNNING!!!!! I love it! THANKS FOR SHARING! I am already a follower and would be honored if you would check out my blog at http://acreativejourneywithmelissa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully done! I am definitely going to have to scraplift this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is beyond awesome! Really, really love it :) I need an Imagine now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this Justina!! You're making me one, RIGHT?

    Blessings!!
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  8. that paper is beautiful. i don't have an imagine, didn't want one, but the more i see...the more i'm leaning...love the notebook!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks really nice! I really like it! Great designing

    ReplyDelete
  10. OOO I love this! You did an amazing job on this. Now I want the Country Carnival cartridge also. lol. :))
    Tammie :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great Job... You make it look easy. I guess I need to try it out. I have used my imagine mabey 3 times.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dang girl! This is an awesome project! I can't believe you can print 12x12 papers from the Imagine ... Love it! xoxo, Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment, I love to inspire others and meet new crafty friends too! If you have any questions please feel free to let me know! I read every single comment and appreciate each one! Have a great day! XOXO Justina <3